In the village of Takhtupura, Moga district of Punjab, a wonderful show of communal harmony was witnessed when an old historic Masjid, in possession of non-Muslims, was handed over to the Muslims of the village on 21 May 2015. The non-Muslims did it saying, “Masjid is for prayer only”. Muslims had lost the possession of this centuries-old Masjid in 1947, when all the Muslims of the village migrated to Pakistan. The Masjid had been under the control of Pradeep Singh and Boota Singh all these years.
Dec 4, 2019
Reference: Digital South Asia Library - University of Chicago